1K views

WebWatcher is online PC monitoring software from Awareness Technologies and I recommend you avoid this company and their products unless you want a lesson in online scamming.

The scam works this way - you signup for their software with terms that don't include any time limits. The software works OK although it's buggy and slow. After a few months AwarenessTech sends a notification about an upgrade. Now this is online software so there's no such thing as an "upgrade" you can only ever use the "current" online version. After a little while more they inform you that unless you pay then some more money to "upgrade' they cancel your login.

They then cancel your login.

If the terms of sale on AwarenessTechs's web site were upfront about their limited time subscription then this would be perfectly OK but they fool you by clearly marketing themselves as "nothing more to pay".

Don't be fooled avoid these guys.

Had an Experience with Webwatcher?

Comments

Camberley, Surrey, United Kingdom #1205074

i had it for the free 7 days didn't like it on the 3ed as didn't work so they told me how to end it 3weeks later they take the money anyway and it says i cant log in as i am no longer a member stay away from this site

The software itself actually sucks.I bought this along with an iphone for my daughter for Christmas, I saw 3 text messages within a week and 0 photos, although my daughter has nearly 200 photos which can be seen from iCloud.

I wish I would have read this site before buying the software but they obviously pay a lot to be on the top of the searchlists when searching for a monitoring solution.Webwatcher sucks!

Portland, Oregon, United States #735642

I ordered the download, the update and the disks. The download never took.

The disks never arrived. I canceled the update and THEY RECREATED THE CHARGE on my PAYPAL acct. without authorization!!!!

How is this possible???!

Paypal ruled AGAINST my dispute, even though I never got the disks months later.

I am currently in my second attempt with Webwatcher to get a refund. They just told me it was past 30 days!!? I never used the service and I paid for something I never received -and I don't get a refund???!

Steer clear of the frustration, the waste and the evil empire of Webwatcher.

:( So I got SUCKED into this one.I was working fine until we upgraded to Google Chrome from IE9 (cause that was being ***).

Well customer support "graciously" offered me a 20% on renew upgrade service for one full year and 30,000 camera shots.I just told them to refund my money and I have already downloaded Aobo and like that one some much better.

Worst company...I never even used it and they didn't want to refund me I called them and emailed them a bunch of time for support to try to make it work and they would say...it's going to work this time but no. I would not recommend it.

do not purchase this p.of.***.. It worked for only 3 days and stoped.. I will file compains every day until I get my $$ back

This product did work for me the first time but only after having to purchase an upgrade. Then it stopped working after AVG anti-virus software was installed onthe computer they told me I nee to purchase another up grade so I did at $96 when trying to install brought the computed completely down and it had to go to an IT to get it fixed at the rate of $400. Beware this product does not work with AVG anti virus soft ware they refused to refund my money even though the it tech stated it will not work with AVG and they are working on an up grade to get it to work with it.

I found out before purchasing that yes, you have to pay annually to renew the license, but was willing to do so for a software with all the features they claim this one has.

Not only did it take me 3 days and 6 hours of tech support to get the software successfully installed onto my pc (I use Windows Vista and Firefox), but once I did get it installed, my computer was slow, would freeze up, programs wouldn't respond.

After ANOTHER week and at least 10 hours of troubleshooting and reinstallation after reinstallation, I finally asked for my money back because I was tired of fooling around with it. Not only was my request denied (because they will only refund within the first 72 hours, and nevermind that the software wasn't even operating on my computer during that timeframe), but conveniently after that, the software stopped recording any data.

Luckily, American Express offers purchase protection and they refunded my money. Although the safety officer at my daughter's school recommended this software to me, I would never suggest anyone use it EVER.

Terrible software, terrible support and terrible customer service/problem resolution.

They are somewhat up front with the fact that this is a subscription not unlike antivirus software.However, with antivirus software you can keep using it after the subscription is up and it may just not be fully up to date and so may miss some virus' at your own risk.

With Webwatcher it STOPS WORKING at the end of a year.

That's not a subscription, that's a whole new program every year and $67 is too high for the value.I think I'll just start trusting my kids.

dont share the same experience.i called the sales line before i bought and they told me the price was good for 1 year.

and then i checked the terms of service and it said the same thing. i did get notices about 10 months later reminding me to upgrade as my renewal was coming up.

all was as advertised, including the product, which works great.it is the only one that lets you view data remotely (where you dont have to access the target computer), so frankly, there is nothing like on the market.